Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Romney on Immigration; Paul on Trade

Our friends at Hotline picked up some interesting quotes from some presidential hopefuls from last nights news shows: up from last nights tv show interview

Presidential hopeful and the former Massachusetts Governor, Mitt Romney was on"On The Record" and commented on immigration: "I would like a fence, and I'd like to also make sure that we have an employment verification system so that we know who's here legally and who's not, who is able to work and who's not." He also talked about his view on "Universal" Health Insurance.

Ron Paul was on CNN's Lou Dobbs and gave his two cents on Free Trade: "I'd get rid of NAFTA and WTO, for that matter. I certainly don't want a North American Union and I'm sick of these plans for this highway coming through here that's going to go from Mexico to Canada. That's not my idea of national sovereignty" (CNN, 4/23).

No comments: